Adolescents | Self evaluation
- Do you often find yourself thinking about gambling activities and/or planning the next time you will play?
- Do you need to spend more and more money on gambling activities to get the same level of excitement?
- Do you become restless, tense, fed-up, or bad-tempered when trying to cut down or stop gambling?
- Do you ever gamble to escape or forget problems?
- After losing money on gambling activities, do you ever return another day to try and win your money back?
- Have you lied to your family and friends about your gambling?
- Have you spent your lunch or transportation money on gambling activities?
- Have you taken money from someone you live with, without their knowledge, in order to gamble?
- Have you stolen money from outside the family or shoplifted in order to gamble?
- Have you experienced problems with members of your family or close friends because of your gambling?
- Have you missed school or work in order to participate in gambling activities?
- Have you ever had to ask for help because of your gambling?
IF YOU HAVE ANSWERED "YES" TO SOME OF THESE QUESTIONS YOU MAY BE LOSING CONTROL OVER YOUR GAMBLING BEHAVIOUR?
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?
CALL GAMBLING: HELP AND REFERRAL 514-527-0140 or 1-800-461-0140
Outside of Montreal, contact your local council on problem gambling or national hotline.